For Christians, prayer is a powerful tool for making it through each and every day. From prayers of gratitude to requests for help, invocations to God allow us to ask Him to guide us and others through our struggles and victories.
Perhaps you’re wondering how to pray. Maybe your prayer life is stagnant and you’re looking for help and guidance to reinvigorate your spiritual life. If you’re in either camp — or if you’re merely looking for some new prayers for your routine — you’ve come to the right place.
READ ALSO: 5 Faithful Tips on How to Pray to God
Here’s our ultimate prayer guide to give you tips, tricks, ideas and examples of specific types of prayers (you can also read about the Lord’s Pray here):
Powerful Prayers Throughout Your Day
Here’s a list of powerful prayer guides that can help you at various times throughout the day. From morning to evening we have you covered.
- Morning Prayers: Here’s our prayer guide to help you get your day started. We’ve put together 25 potential morning prayers that will help you seek God as you prepare for the day ahead. Check it out.
- Change Your Perspective: As we reflect on the importance of morning prayers, let’s explore the ways in which they can transform your day — and your life. Plus, here are some tips on how daily Bible reading can help elevate your spiritual life.
- Prayers for God’s Protection: It’s important to pray for God’s protection and safekeeping for you and your family. These seven prayers help you focus on God’s love, guidance and protection.
- Prayers for Forgiveness: Forgiveness is an important part of our daily lives. These five prayers help us focus on the need to ask God for forgiveness, while also asking for His power and strength as we forgive others who have hurt us.
- Bedtime Prayers: Here are some bedtime prayers for you and your children. These invocations help round out the day by presenting requests to God, thanking Him for all that unfolded and asking for peace in the coming morning. Check out these prayers.
Prayers at the Dinner Table
One of the best ways to teach your kids gratitude is to include prayers at the dinner table. In addition to thankfully praying for your food, you and your kids can also reflect on the day and ask God for personal and familial guidance. Here are some tips for effective mealtime prayer:
- Mealtime Prayers: Are you ready for these powerful, mealtime prayers? We have 10 prayers to help you and your family express gratitude to God for the food before you — and your lives. Check out these invocations.
READ ALSO: 6 Tips for Prayer at the Dining Room Table
Prayers for Special People in Your Life
We’ve also put together some special lists for the loved ones in your life. These prayers are uttered to help others in their lives and journeys with God.
- Prayers for Husbands: Dads and husbands hold an important cultural and familial role. That’s why we’ve put together a list of prayers wives and others can utter for the husbands in their lives. These are powerful ways to ask God to help your husband.
- Prayers for Wives and Moms: In addition to dads, we also have some important prayers for moms and wives. So, consider reading through these and lifting up the wife or mom in your life.
- Prayers for Teachers: While this list was originally made for the back-to-school season, these prayers for teachers can be uttered throughout the year. Consider using this list to lift up the men and women educating the next generation.
- Prayers for Our Children: In addition to praying for educators, we should also be praying for our children. Here are eight prayers for kids worth uttering. Like the other list, this was intended for back-to-school season, but can be uttered anytime.
- Pregnant Moms: Perhaps you or someone you know is an expectant mother. If so, these prayers are for you. Lift up both mother and baby with these powerful invocations.
Prayers for the Holidays & Special Events
- Thanksgiving Prayers for Gratitude: Thanksgiving is the natural time of year to thank God for all you and your family have. If you’re looking for the right words, consider checking out these 10 prayers we’ve put together for you and your family.
- Christmas Prayers: The holiday season is a great time for reflection. In addition to looking back at the year, it’s a wonderful time to express gratitude while looking ahead to what’s to come. Here are 15 Christmas prayers to share with your family.
- Sports Prayers: Do you or your kids play sports? Consider saying some of these powerful prayers before practice or a big game.
That wraps our prayer guide! You can find more daily faith and prayer advice over on the Pure Flix Insider blog. And PureFlix.com has plenty more to offer up when it comes to TV shows and movies about God and creation. Start streaming today with your 30-day free trial and you’ll have your pick from thousands of shows, movies and original series.