"Duck Dynasty" star Sadie Robertson Huff revealed the name of her unborn baby girl this week, explained the Bible verse that inspired her decision — and openly prayed over her expected child.
"Going ahead and telling the world our sweet babies name because I would rather y’all hear it from me and christian [than] things going around. This little girl and her name already mean the world to us," Huff wrote on Instagram, before revealing the name: Honey James Huff.
The reality TV star, author and speaker, went on to cite Proverbs 16:24, which reads, "Gracious words are like honey, sweetness to the soul and health to the body."
Huff said she had always loved the verse, and explained that she and her now husband, Christian, went through Proverbs when they were a couple; during that study, the scripture once again stood out to her.
She recalled pausing when she reached Proverbs 16:4 and speaking special words to Christian, telling him, "You have words like honey. They are so sweet and are healing places in my heart I didn’t even know needed to be healed.” Christian's love for her — and the way he spoke — made her once again ponder the meaning of "honey" in that verse.
That meaning helped inspire her unborn baby's name.
One of the most moving portions of the Instagram post, though, is the prayer Huff offered for her unborn child:
"Oh Honey, you are named with such intention. I pray over you all the time that you would be sweet and strong and you know what? I already know it that you are. Those words will be your super power in life. We can’t wait to meet you and see your story unfold before our eyes."
Pray for Sadie and Christian as they plan to welcome Honey into the world! Want more inspiration? Sign up to get Pure Flix Insider emails delivered to your inbox free each week — get the best in faith-based entertainment news!
OTHER MUST-READ STORIES:
- 'GOD, IF YOU'RE REAL, I NEED YOU': JUSTIN BIEBER HITS BACK AT 'CELEBRITY WORSHIP' OF SOME PASTORS
- 'JESUS RESCUED ME': HOLLYWOOD ACTRESS GETS BAPTIZED AND RE-DEDICATES HER LIFE TO CHRIST — AND SHE HAS A MESSAGE FOR OTHERS 'BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE'
- 'A BEACON OF HOPE': CHRISTIAN 'SURVIVOR' STAR WHO INSPIRED OTHERS WITH HER FAITH HAS DIED — READ HER DAUGHTER'S TOUCHING TRIBUTE
- COUNTRY STAR CARRIE UNDERWOOD SINGS HYMNS LIKE 'JESUS LOVES ME' AND 'AMAZING GRACE' — AND AUDIENCES REACT IN A BIG WAY
- THE SHOCKING CHURCH ATTENDANCE STAT THAT SHOULD RAISE EVERY CHRISTIAN'S EYEBROWS
Featured Image Credit: Instagram/@legitsadierob