Actor and director Tyler Perry delivered a speech during the 2021 Oscars encouraging fellow actors and viewers, alike, to "refuse hate."
"My mother taught me to refuse hate. She taught me to refuse blanket judgement," he proclaimed while accepting the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award. "It is my hope that all of us would teach our kids ... just refuse hate."
Watch the speech:
Want more inspiration? Sign up to get Pure Flix Insider emails delivered to your inbox free each week — get the best in faith-based entertainment news!
OTHER MUST-READ STORIES:
- 'GOD, IF YOU'RE REAL, I NEED YOU': JUSTIN BIEBER HITS BACK AT 'CELEBRITY WORSHIP' OF SOME PASTORS
- 'JESUS RESCUED ME': HOLLYWOOD ACTRESS GETS BAPTIZED AND RE-DEDICATES HER LIFE TO CHRIST — AND SHE HAS A MESSAGE FOR OTHERS 'BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE'
- 'A BEACON OF HOPE': CHRISTIAN 'SURVIVOR' STAR WHO INSPIRED OTHERS WITH HER FAITH HAS DIED — READ HER DAUGHTER'S TOUCHING TRIBUTE
- COUNTRY STAR CARRIE UNDERWOOD SINGS HYMNS LIKE 'JESUS LOVES ME' AND 'AMAZING GRACE' — AND AUDIENCES REACT IN A BIG WAY
- THE SHOCKING CHURCH ATTENDANCE STAT THAT SHOULD RAISE EVERY CHRISTIAN'S EYEBROWS