Skeet shooter Vincent Hancock just won his third Olympic gold medal during the Toyko games, but what you might not know about Hancock is that he's a Christian with a deep faith that has shaped and refined his life and character.
In fact, Hancock, who appeared in a recent episode of "Faithful Finance" (watch his interview on Pure Flix), explained his journey to authentic faith, noting that he was once a nominal Christian teen when he met his future wife, Rebekah.
"When Rebekah and I first got together ... I called myself a Christian, but I really wasn't," Vincent said. "I knew who Christ was, but I was living a life that was really devoid of that."
But Rebekah was a devout Christian and, over time, her faith inspired him as the couple faced growing pains and challenges that helped Vincent recognize what it really means to follow Jesus.
"[It was about] getting me to a point where I fully accepted Christ in my life," he said.
Vincent said he's "still a sinner," but he now places his full trust in God.
"He gives you strength to get through anything," he said.
Vincent also credited the Lord for his accomplishments, including his 2012 gold medal win in London.
"When I was younger, I felt like, 'Hey, you know what? That's because I've worked really really hard,'" he said. "Now, the older that I've gotten, it's because I've worked really, really hard by the grace of God and have the opportunities that He's presented me."
Vincent also revealed his journey to skeet shooting and the path he took to becoming a three-time Olympic gold medalist. Watch him tell the full story on "Faithful Finance."
Not a Pure Flix member? No problem! Grab a free trial here so you can stream this show as well as thousands of additional faith and family-friendly movies, TV shows and original series.
OTHER MUST-READ STORIES:
- HOW DID MIKE ROWE BECOME A TV ICON? HE EXPLAINS HOW HIS PAST HAS SHAPED HIS FASCINATING CAREER
- PRAY: VIRAL SINGER WHOSE CANCER BATTLE LEFT SIMON COWELL EMOTIONAL REVEALS HER HEALTH HAS TAKEN 'TURN FOR THE WORSE,' LEAVES 'AMERICA'S GOT TALENT'
- 'BY THE GRACE OF GOD': U.S. OLYMPIAN'S JOY-FILLED COMMENTS ABOUT GOD AND COUNTRY SPARK UPLIFTING INTERNET UPROAR
- 'HOPE IN THE LORD': CHRISTIAN OLYMPIAN WHO WON 5 GOLD MEDALS IN TOYKO HAS SAID SOME TRULY POWERFUL THINGS ABOUT GOD
- 'GOD HAS...ANSWERED YOUR PRAYERS!': BILLY GRAHAM'S GRANDSON HAS EMOTIONAL REUNION WITH HIS MOM AFTER SCARY COVID-19 BATTLE